Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Running mom


Ok...so I've done something that I have never done before...I registered for a 5K race...gulp. My neighbor across the street is a veteran runner, and a huge inspiration to me. See I run sporadically, I'll do it for a while, then lose interest, (usually through the winter months.) My neighbor has been such an encouragement to me, in so many ways. A pillar of strength and wisdom with life in general. I find her presence a complete blessing. She helped give me the confidence to enter this race. I may come in dead last, but I already feel like a winner, spreading my wings to try things that I would never have in the past. The training is difficult for me, however, as I'm running, I ponder the verse....
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Congratulations on your decision! Training for an finishing a race is one of the best personal feelings you can create! I have raced and been last more than once and believe it or not - it is some of my best memories. Best wishes on your training.

Amy
www.runnerslounge.com
blog.runnerslounge.com