Sunday, May 25, 2008

Nate's Language


As most of you know, our Nate is significantly speech delayed. However, this special little guy has his way of communicating. Times can be quite frustrating for him, but he uses sign language to let us know his wants and needs. Recently quite a few of Nate's signs have been turning into verbal words, and we are so proud of him. I love to hear him say Mom.....finally. I snapped this pic of Nate today when he was signing the word, "water" to me. I love this picture of him. As he was signing he was saying the word "water", while he walked across hundreds of rocks, excited to throw them in the river. Nate is hard to describe because he is so unique.....you have to experience him. I love him so much.

1 comment:

Homegrown Tribe said...

That is so sweet... and he is ADORABLE! Our nephew is speech delayed... he doesn't know any sign language though. That is a wonderful idea.

Brittany