Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time to get outside!

So we live in New England.....that explains the 6 ft. of snow in our yard. The boys have been anxious to get outside. This day was perfect, the sun was shining, the air was comfortable.....it was time. Noah went out first and climbed the mountains in the yard. After a short time, he yelled my name. I poked my head out the door, (I was watching him from the window). He said, "Mom, you've got to bring Nate out here, he will love it!" He wanted his brother to enjoy the fun.....and I think he wanted someone to throw snow at. So of course Nate immediately gravitated toward the water. The ice had melted in some places and his eyes were fixed on "the puddles". Let's just say that I had two very "soggy" boys that afternoon. As I was wringing out their soaked clothes I was giggling to myself.....this is what it is all about...being a kid.....loving life. I praise God that my boys help me to open my eyes to the beauty of creation that surrounds us, and for being able to enjoy witnessing their passion to explore. They have no fear of getting dirty, wet or cold. The special time they have outside to play is totally worth it.

No comments: