Friday, March 21, 2008

Beautiful Savior

Today is the day, above all days, that I remember the love God has for me. On this day many years ago, Jesus Christ, was crucified on a rugged cross. He took my place, took the blame and suffered the punishment for my sins, I'm forgiven. What did I do to deserve this gift? The answer.......I did absolutely nothing to deserve the pardon of my sins......amazing. This is Grace. It is impossible for me to fully comprehend the massive love God has for His people......that He would send His only Son.....to suffer and die, for those who truly deserved only His wrath. If you ever question if love exists.....ponder the cross and what really was accomplished by this sacrifice, by the blood of Christ. The beauty of this love continues....three days after Jesus's death He conquers it, and He lives. I am filled with anticipation to the celebration that will occur on the day after tomorrow. As a Christian, I am completely overwhelmed by the love of God. He is good! I will be praying for all of you, as you hopefully ponder the cross.

Romans 5:6-8
For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die, but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 comment:

HeavyDluxe said...

C.S. Lewis said that, "[o]n the Cross, Justice and Mercy kiss."

Absolutely amazing. Such a tragedy and abomination, yet the fountain of such beauty and joy...